Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Being Professional

To me, a hallmark of professionalism is doing good work when the chips are down - and you really don't want to.

I've written good code in VisualBasic, MFC++, and various other Microsoft technologies. Not to appear zealous or anything, but I hate coding in those environments (for reasons I'm sure I'll mention in other later entries). The deal here being that I've done good work in them anyway.

I woke up this morning through a fog of nausea into a sea of acid reflux. Being awake for a while hasn't helped. Going back to sleep isn't really an option with the urgency of some of the stuff going on at work, exacerbated by the fact that I handled almost no email yesterday because of the 350,000 message flood I had to clean out (spinning process with a bad error reporting mechanism).

So those are the chips. And I'm down. And I'm just going to do it anyway.

I owe me some time off.

No comments: